The Optometric Centre was established in Killarney Manitoba in July 1950 by Dr. E. J. "Woody" Spearman. In July of 2002 the Optometric Centre renovated and relocated to its current address on 405 Broadway Avenue.
Dr. Ken Robertson joined Dr. Spearman in 1968. He Practiced at the Optometric Centre for two years. In 1970 Dr. Keith Letts began his practice with Dr. Spearman. In 1994 Dr. James Terekoff joined the practice just prior to Dr. Spearman's retirement after 44 years. After two years of practice, Dr. Terekoff passed away tragically on May 21st 1996 at the age of 27.
Dr. Tara King joined the practice on September 1, 1998. Dr. Letts and Dr. King practiced together for just over eight years. On January 12, 2007 Dr. King and her husband, a constable with the RCMP, re-located.
Dr. Candace E. DeCock joined Dr.Letts in practice on August 17,2009. Dr.Letts and Dr.DeCock are both currently practicing on a full time basis.
Dr. Dustin McGill joined Dr. Letts and Dr. DeCock in August of 2012. Dr.McGill was born and raised in Killarney where his parents operate their family farm. He graduated Killarney Collegiate and continued his studies at Brandon University. Dr.McGill was then accepted to Indiana University's College of Optometry where he graduated in 2012.
On April 1, 2014, Dr. DeCock and Dr.McGill purchased the Killarney Optometric Centre from Dr. Letts. Dr. Letts continues to practice optometry with the new owners.
The Optometric Centre has been fortunate to have a loyal and dedicated staff. Their expertise has made the Optometric Centre one of the leading optometric practices in Manitoba.