As many are already away, Manitoba has started a phased approach to restoring service. In Phase One, we can now expand our services from seeing emergencies only to routine eye care. The safety of our patients, staff, and optometrists is of top priority and we are undertaking a number of precautions. What can you expect when visiting our clinic at this time?
- All patients, staff, and optometrists will self-declare their health status upon entering the clinic. Anyone who has traveled outside Manitoba in the last 14 days, has been in contact with a Covid-19 case, or have any symptoms of caronavirus cannot be seen.
- All patients will sanitize hands at entry into the clinic. Also, all patients will be required to wear a mouth and nose covering for the duration of their time in the clinic.
- We must limit the number of patients in the clinic to maintain distancing. Therefore, all patients will be seen alone unless another person is necessary, such as a parent or legal guardian.
- All staff and optometrists will be wearing appropriate personal protective equipment during every patient encounter and adhering to strict disinfection protocols.
- We will not be performing certain tests prior to the exam that you may be used to in order to minimize the number of surfaces encountered in the clinic. Tests that are required for diagnostic purposes only will be performed.
- At this time, we will only being seeing 50% of our normal patient volume to adhere to the current mandate in Manitoba.
Thank you to all our patients for you patience and understanding during this time. We value and uphold your well being and will do all we can to serve our community as safely as possible.